Recent News

Recent News

8 months ago
Justice, News

Happy Valley-Goose Bay RCMP responds to disturbance, officer assaulted

Happy Valley-Goose Bay RCMP has laid a criminal charge of assault on a police officer against 46-year-old Peter Gregoire of Natuashish. Gregoire resisted arrest as an officer responded to a disturbance inside a local restaurant. At approximately 4:12 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 12, an officer with Happy Valley-Goose Bay RCMP responded to a disturbance inside […]

Read more
8 months ago
Justice, News

Mounties charge woman with theft of vehicle and mischief

RCMP on the Northern Peninsula are pursuing Criminal Code charges against a 21-year-old woman in relation to the theft of a motor vehicle on Thursday from the Port Saunders area and a suspicious fire on Friday in Rocky Harbour. Just before 10:00 p.m. on Dec. 11, officers responded to a call about a vehicle stolen from a […]

Read more
8 months ago
News

Groundbreaking ceremony to mark start of Habitat for Humanity build in Mount Pearl

The City of Mount Pearl, in partnership with Habitat for Humanity and the provincial government, is launching a new affordable housing project to support families in our community. A groundbreaking ceremony will be held on Wednesday at 2 p.m. at 11 Glendale Avenue, the future site of Habitat for Humanity’s latest build. The project is […]

Read more
8 months ago
Justice, News

Public cautioned about telephone scam targeting seniors

The province is advising seniors and their families that a telephone scam has been reported in Newfoundland and Labrador. The caller claims to be calling on behalf of Premier Tony Wakeham and asks the recipient to share their banking information in order to receive a senior’s bonus. The provincial government or Premier Wakeham’s office would never […]

Read more
8 months ago
News

Canada Post says Santa’s letters are getting through

According to Canada Post, millions of little Canadians who write to Santa with their wish lists will get a response this year. A month-long strike by over 50,000 postal workers last year meant Santa couldn’t respond to letters, but don’t worry kids, Santa is reading every one. Canada Post spokesman Phil Legault says more than […]

Read more
8 months ago
Justice, News

Police arrest man for impaired operation, impound vehicle

Bay St. George RCMP charged a 34-year-old man with impaired operation and refusal to comply with a demand early Saturday morning. The vehicle he was driving — which had been taken without the owner’s permission — was seized by police and impounded. On Dec. 13, at approximately 1:37 a.m., officers responded to a call at […]

Read more
8 months ago
Justice, News

Police arrest man and woman in centre city robbery

On Monday at 1:40 p.m. police responded to a robbery in progress at a business in the center city. Officers began to search the area and located a male and female matching the suspect description. The female was cooperative but the male decided to put up a fight. Police took both into custody and brought […]

Read more
8 months ago
Health, News

Temporary closure at Dr. Hilda Tremblett due to power outage

Newfoundland and Labrador Health Services advises the public that due to a power outage, appointments at the Dr. Dr. Hilda Tremblett Wellness Centre are cancelled for this morning (Tuesday, December 16) with an update at 10:30 a.m. Services at the site include mental health and addictions, primary care, public health and others. Individuals with appointments will be contacted to […]

Read more
8 months ago
Justice, News

Four charged by St. Anthony RCMP for break and enters, thefts and firearms offences

Four people were arrested by St. Anthony RCMP on Tuesday after a search warrant was executed at a residence in Raleigh. All four now face charges related to recent break, enter and thefts and firearms-related offences. On the evening of Dec. 9, St. Anthony RCMP, with assistance from Roddickton RCMP, executed a search warrant on […]

Read more
8 months ago
News

Provincial government offices at 50 Elizabeth Avenue remain closed today

The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure wishes to advise that all provincial government offices located at 50 Elizabeth Avenue will remain closed on Tuesday, Dec. 16.  An update on whether the building would re-open on Wednesday, Dec. 17, will be provided today at 4:00 p.m.

Read more
Back to top