halloween

Lewisporte child stuck with pin after biting into Halloween chocolate bar

Police are urging parents to check all Halloween treats after a small metal was pin found inside a chocolate bar in Lewisporte.

RCMP received a call Monday afternoon from Lewisporte Academy. A student bit into a chocolate bar and discovered a small metal pin inside. The pin stuck into the child’s mouth and was safely removed.  

Police provided a picture of the metal pin, next to a ruler and a thumbtack for scale.

While it is not believed that the pin was embedded into the chocolate bar during the manufacturing process, contact was made with the manufacturer to investigate all possibilities. Parents are encouraged to thoroughly inspect all Halloween treats and to report any suspicious findings to their local police detachment.

Inspiring NL: Community comes together to ensure young boy wasn’t left out of Halloween

One St. John’s community came together to ensure one little boy wasn’t left out this halloween. NTV’s Marykate O’Neill has this inspiring story.

video
play-sharp-fill

Holy Spirit students go above and beyond for Halloween

Halloween spirit was alive Monday as students and staff at Holy Spirit went above and beyond. NTV’s Marykate O’Neill checks it out.

video
play-sharp-fill

Photo Gallery: Halloween spirit takes over metro area

With Halloween around the corner, homeowners have been busy over the past few months spookifying their properties with devilish decorations. NTV took to the streets with hundreds of area residents to take in the sights and sounds of the season.

Scroll to top