Police are asking for public’s help in locating wanted man Craig Lynch of Paradise.
On Wednesday, Nov. 30, at approximately 1:40 a.m., the RNC Operational Patrol Services (OPS) responded to a report of a suspicious activity in the area of McNamara Drive, Paradise. It was reported that an individual was observed through CCTV, who was acting suspicious on private property.
A member of RNC Operational Patrol Services (OPS) arrived and located the suspect on the property, who was identified as 46-year-old Craig Lynch. A patrol officer intervened and attempted to stop Lynch, advising him he was under arrest. The patrol officer was subsequently assaulted by Lynch, who then fled the area on an ATV. The officer was treated for non-life threatening injuries as a result of the assault.
A warrant of arrest has been issued for Lynch including the following criminal charges:
– Assaulting peace officer with weapon, causing bodily harm
– Resisting a Peace Officer
– Failure to Comply with Release Order
– Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance
– Fail to Stop at the Scene of an Accident
Additional charges have been laid under the Highway Traffic Act and Off-Road Vehicles Act.
Investigators are seeking assistance from the community with locating Lynch. If you know his whereabouts or have observed him in the community, contact the RNC immediately and do not approach him
Investigators are asking the public to review CCTV and dash camera footage in the areas and times listed below for pedestrian foot traffic, ATV operations or any suspicious activity on Nov. 30, 2022.
- The area of Topsail Road between Octagon Pond Elementary and Paradise Road, between the hours of 1:00 am and 2:30 am
- The area of McNamara Drive to Kenmount Road, including the railway trail, between the hours of 1:00 am and 2:30 am
- The area of Paradise Road to Camrose Drive, including Inwood Crescent, Venton Place, Virden Place and Clarke’s Hillview, between the hours of 1:00 am and 5:00 am
Anyone who has information which may assist the investigation is asked to call the RNC at 729-8000 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can now provide information anonymously on the NL Crime Stoppers Website at: www.nlcrimestoppers.com.