Two residents of Jamestown, a community northeast of Clarenville, will appear in court Friday to face multiple firearms charges.
Police officers with the RCMP East District General Investigation Section, assisted by Clarenville RCMP Detachment, executed an authorized search warrant at a home on Islandview Drive in Jamestown yesterday.
As a result of the search, items seized included the following:
- A loaded sawed off shotgun
- Several machete knives
- Items associated with the illicit drug trade, including pills and digital scales
Thirty-eight-year-old Gary Moss and twenty-eight-year-old Selina Elson were arrested without incident, were held in custody for court today and are each charged with the following firearms offences:
- Careless Storage, two counts – Section 86(1) Criminal Code (CC)
- Unsafe Storage, two counts – Section 86(2) CC
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose, four counts – Section 88(1) CC
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm – Section 91(1) CC
- Possession of a firearm knowing it’s unauthorized – Section 92(1) CC
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition – Section 95(1) CC
The investigation is continuing and further charges are anticipated.