Nalcor CEO Stan Marshall announced changes Friday to senior management. The vice-president of power supply, John MacIsaac, has left the company after eight years.
“The changes being made today will allow us to continue to focus on the successful completion of the Muskrat Falls Project, to prepare the provincial electricity system for integration of Muskrat Falls power, and to have clear focus on our regulated business (Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro) while continuing our commitment to providing safe, reliable electricity to our customers,” Marshall said in a statement.
Jim Haynes is replacing John MacIsaac in the job. He was previously the president of Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro. Haynes will take over responsibility for the completion of the transmission portion of the Muskrat Falls Project and the continued integration of the assets to the newly inter-connected electricity grid.
“I thank John MacIsaac for his eight years of service and for his many contributions to Nalcor and Hydro and I wish him all the best in his future endeavours,” Marshall said. “Thanks to Jim Haynes as well for taking on this newest assignment and his steadfast commitment to Hydro over the years.
“I am also pleased to announce that Jennifer Williams has been appointed as President, Newfoundland Labrador Hydro, the first female president of Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro. Jennifer’s passion and dedication to serve the people of the province will continue to drive Hydro’s commitment to safely and reliability delivering power to homes and business.”
Williams had been vice-president of production with Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro since August 2016.
Meanwhile, the Public Utilities Board’s interim report on power rate mitigation was delivered to the government late on Friday. But the Tories are questioning why the Liberals won’t release it until Tuesday.
“This is a public report that our party demanded the government commission in order to bring the facts and discussions about rate mitigation into the public forum where they belong,” PC MHA Keith Hutchings said in a news release. “In three and a half years, the Ball Liberals provided nothing in the way of solutions, and now that they’ve taken our advice to bring in the PUB to get the facts about mitigation into the public domain, the Liberals can’t seem to escape their old habit of withholding information first.”
Natural Resources Minister Siobhan Coady fired back with a statement of her own.
“It has been this Liberal government that has cleaned up the mess of the poorly conceived Muskrat Falls project,” Coady said. “The Public Utilities Board was asked in September of 2018 to provide guidance in addressing the cost of the project. Their interim report was delivered at end of day today. The minister will publicly release the report on Tuesday.
“For the Progressive Conservatives to call for its release before it was even received is disingenuous. Especially considering it was their government who locked the PUB out of the Muskrat Falls project.”