Three people are being treated in hospital for possible carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, and another two dozen employees at Armour Tranport are being assessed by paramedics at the scene.

Rescue personnel are attempting to contact another roughly two dozen Paradise employees who have left for the day.

They are being advised to go to the nearest hospital and seek medical attention. Many of those affected are showing mild symptoms of CO poisoning – which can include headache, dizziness, vomiting and confusion.

Eastern health, St. John’s Regional and the RNC are on the scene. OHS will be investigating, and personal are venting the building, which will remain closed.

Previous articleHawaii Five-0
Next articleSome relief at the pumps