SHARE

Investigation into a residential fire continues today. The St. John’s Regional Fire Department responded to the blaze on Cashin Avenue overnight. Both units of the dwelling were extensively damaged by the fire which appeared to have originated in the apartment bedroom. Although no major injuries were suffered one person received medical attention for smoke inhalation. Many pets were rescued upon occupants fleeing the burning home and firefighters re-entered the residence to save two cats. The incident displaced a pair individuals, both are being assisted by the Canadian Red Cross.

-Advertisement-