Just hours after being sworn in as the province’s 14th premier, Andrew Furey announced his new Cabinet, with the Premier and all Ministers being sworn in at Government House.
“This is a new cabinet for a new time. I am honoured to have been sworn-in as the 14th Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, and to be leading this strong team of Ministers as we work together to serve the people of this great province,” said Premier Furey.
The following is a list of Cabinet Ministers by department:
- Premier and Minister for Intergovernmental Affairs – Hon. Andrew Furey
- Deputy Premier, Minister of Finance, Minister Responsible for the Public Service Commission and Minister Responsible for the Newfoundland and Labrador Liquor Corporation – Hon. Siobhan Coady
- Minister of Education – Hon. Tom Osborne
- Minister of Industry, Energy and Technology and Attorney General – Hon. Andrew Parsons
- Minister of Justice and Public Safety, President of Treasury Board and Government House Leader – Hon. Steve Crocker
- Minister of Immigration, Skills and Labour and Minister Responsible for Workplace NL – Hon. Gerry Byrne
- Minister of Health and Community Services – Hon. John Haggie
- Minister Responsible for Indigenous Affairs and Reconciliation, Minister Responsible for Labrador Affairs, Minister Responsible for the Status of Women and Deputy Government House Leader – Hon. Lisa Dempster
- Minister of Tourism, Culture, Arts and Recreation – Hon. Bernard Davis
- Minister of Children, Seniors and Social Development, Minister Responsible for the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation and Minister Responsible for the Status of Persons with Disabilities – Hon. Brian Warr
- Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure and Minister Responsible for the Public Procurement Agency – Hon. Derrick Bragg
- Minister of Environment, Climate Change and Municipalities, Registrar General, and Minister Responsible for the Multi-Materials Stewardship Board – Hon. Derek Bennett
- Minister of Fisheries, Forestry and Agriculture – Hon. Elvis Loveless
- Minister of Digital Government and Service Newfoundland and Labrador, Minister Responsible for the Office of the Chief Information Officer and Minister Responsible for Francophone Affairs – Hon. Sarah Stoodley.
NTV News is covering the story and will have full coverage on NTV News First Edition and the award-winning NTV Evening Newshour.